[Ubuntu-be] release parties?

Benjamin Sion ubuntu at sioben.net
Sat Jun 10 14:12:57 BST 2006

Le samedi 10 juin 2006 à 14:37 +0200, Jan Claeys a écrit :
> Op za, 10-06-2006 te 13:46 +0200, schreef Benjamin Sion:
> > Time: 20h/ 8 p.m. ? what do you think?
>
> On what day?  If we want to have a party, most people (including me)
> will want to schedule that in their agenda some days before the event.
> I would say announcing a party _at least_ a week in advance is required
> to reach a reasonable number of people (most Ubuntu-users are not on
> this list and have to be informed through other channels).

You are true about scheduling the party, i's important.
I was surprised not hearing any news about this Dapper Party, so I
thought it was fixed for this Saturday evening like announced before.

If some people are free tonight, we can just have a drink between
belgian ubunteros only? If not... Let try to fix another day (when?)

note:
.. About the "party" word: what most of us understand/are waiting for?
- traditional install party
- fiesta/have a drink
- public party OR party for ubunteros/geeks-only?

It's important to precise this term I think.

My idea: have an ideal mix of all :-)
- ubuntu-be official meeting
- public announcement
- demo + install party