[Ubuntu-be] problem with map in IE

Amedee amedee at topgame.be
Fri Jun 9 16:23:50 BST 2006

Hmmmm....

Did you read this page http://mapki.com/index.php?title=FAQs ?

In particular the paragraph 'My map works in Firefox but I get "Operation
Aborted" errors in IE!'

I had a quick look at the code in the http://map.ubuntu-be.org/nl/, and I
do not have seen any use of the 'onload' handler, so I would tend to say
that this is designed to fail in IE.
IE is very picky about what you can do and not do in javaScript, and
having GoogleMaps working with IE has already gave me major headaches.

Also, it would be interresting to test without the Google Analytics bit of
code -- I do not have any experience with that one, so I do not say that
it is the culprit, but since the issue is around JavaScript...

My .02 Eur on the topic

--
Phil.

Floris Lambrechts said:
> On 6/7/06, mongolito404 <mongolito404 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What about these two files ?
>
> Did somebody fix the problem? IE displays http://map.ubuntu-be.org/nl/
> quite well here at work.
>
> I did some troubleshooting earlier this today, and these were my findings:
>
> Apparently, the link to the .js file is broken...
>
> <script
> src="http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&v=2&key=ABQIAAAALgaVHWC1aBsa1cqcG2Gz_RS19F69fzyTdg0EjuuzSprE-2paKRREeqwVD-Nj9nMxNnt_OuAs2vs3CQ"
> type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> When I save the content of that javascript file locally, and replace
> the tag above with
>
> <script src="c:\flo\temp\gmaps.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
>
> Then it suddenly works! Well, sort of... I can browse the map, but the
> 'steunpunten' are not present.
>
> cheers
> Floris

Philippe