[Ubuntu-be] Why burn Ubuntu Dapper-CD's when Edgy is stable enough?

Peter Stuart stuart.peter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 20:21:55 GMT 2006

I notice that the CD's you are bringing to computer fairs
are still the Dapper-versions. or are these the Dapper-LTS-versions?

It seems to me Edgy is mature enough to put on the free CD's.

There were some problems in the Dapper-to-Edgy upgrade,
which we should not confront new users (who will visit the
Ubuntu-site and notice that a new version is available)
with if they want to upgrade, I guess.
But I might be wrong:-)

I'm testing the next version (Feinty) at the moment, but it's
too buggy now to bother new users with;-)

peter
--
Linux usr #206738
Linux Counter http://counter.li.org