[Ubuntu-BD] FYI: DOEL laptop (TSS) is looking for software developers for ubuntu

maSnun mailbox at masnun.me
Mon Jul 11 06:34:21 UTC 2011

Thanks Shamim vai.

Adrian Chin is from Malaysia and in the (top level) management of the DOEL
laptop project. Shamim vai has quoted his messages here so you already know
what he's looking for.

This is a very good opportunity for spreading Linux in Bangladesh. Please
note that DOEL laptops shall be produced in Bangladesh. The team has the
control over the choice of hardware and software. So this is very much
possible to bring in Mac like tight hardware and software integration. With
Doel being cheap, it shall spread like wild fire and so shall Linux. Since
these laptops shall have full hardware compatibility, it shall eradicate the
few drawbacks we still have for Linux systems. When these laptops shall
spread through out the market, we shall be less worried about document
compatibilities with proprietary formats.

In short: there will be no hardware issues and your friends and colleagues
shall have libre office to read your files :)

The DOEL team and their management staff are on the Facebook, regularly
monitoring the page. So, it's time we came forward and provided them
feedback and our thoughts about the project.

This is what I suggest:

1) Please join the page and participate in the discussion.
2) Please use English as much as you can since the top level people are from
abroad.
3) Let them know what issues you're facing with Linux, what support you
shall love to have.
4) If you're a developer, come forward and take part in the technical
discussions and contribute your work to the project.

These guys are more than eager to hear you. Please raise your voice and be
heard!

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Miah M. Hussainuzzaman <mmhzaman at gmail.com

***Abu Ashraf Masnun | Web Application Engineer | http://masnun.com**
*