[Ubuntu-BD] New leadership of Ubuntu Bangladesh

Russell John russell.john at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 24 19:05:33 BST 2010

Dear friends,

It's time for an announcement.

Ubuntu Bangladesh was formed in 28th April 2006 [1], more than 4 years
ago with the vision to create a solid platform for Ubuntu users and
contributors in Bangladesh.  We're are the official local community
team in Bangladesh, recognised by Ubuntu Community Council and
Ubuntu's sponsor Canonical Ltd.  It's been a long journey, and I'm
really glad that with all of your help, support, and contributions
we've been able to achieve most of our major goals.

I've been working as the team leader of Ubuntu Bangladesh throughout
these years, and I've decided to step down and hand over the team
leadership to two our very active volunteers, Shahriar Tariq and
Shabab Mustafa.  They have made a tremendous contribution for our
team, for Ubuntu, and for Linux as a whole, and I strongly believe
that Ubuntu Bangladesh will prosper even more under their new
leadership.  From now on please contact them for all organisational
decision making related issues, they can be reached at shahriar (at)
linux.org.bd and shabab (at) linux.org.bd respectively.

I'll still be around, I'll help with administering our Launchpad page
[2], the mailing list itself, the IRC channel, and our site
ubuntu-bd.org.  Thanks to each and everyone who've helped me
throughout the years, thank you for your never-ending support!

Linuxly yours,
Russell

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-bd/2006-April/000000.html
[2] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-bd