[Ubuntu-BD] ডিফল্টভাবে ফায়ারফক্স ৩.৫ পেলাম না

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 06:07:09 BST 2009

Shahriar Tariq wrote:
> 2009/7/30 I am aero <aero4k at gmail.com>
>

>> ফায়ারফক্সের ৩.৫ ভার্শন বের হয়েছে সেই কবে। অথচ এখনও ডিফল্টভাবে ফায়ারফক্স ৩.৫
>> ভার্শন ব্যবহার করতে পেলাম না। আলাদাভাবে জিপফাইল ডাউনলোড করে একটি ফোল্ডারে
>> রেখেছি। সেখান থেকে রান করেই ব্যবহার করছি। এছাড়াও Synaptic থেকে ডাউনলোড
>> করেছি, কিন্তু মেনুবারের ইন্টারনেট সাবমেনুতে পুরনো ৩.০.১১ কে বাতিল করে এখনও
>> ৩.৫ নিতে পারলাম না। ubuntuzilla দিয়ে চেষ্টা করেছিলাম। কিন্তু সফল হইনি। কেউ
>> কি ধারাবাহিকভাবে পদ্ধতিটি বলবেন?
>>

> gnome menu editor দিয়ে কি কাজ হয় না? নোম মেন্যু এডিটর দিয়ে নতুন এন্ট্রি তৈরি
> করুন, কমান্ডের জায়গায় firefox-3.5 দিন।

I don't understand why people can't use ubuntuzilla. Look at the
commands I issued in the bash.After the installation completed I just
opened FF and it shows version 3.5.1 with bangla interface.

"( "Elves and Dragons!" I says to him.   )
( "Cabbages and potatoes are better for )
( you and me."                          )
(                                       )
( -- J. R. R. Tolkien                   )
 ---------------------------------------
   o   \_\_    _/_/
    o      \__/
           (oo)\_______
           (__)\       )\/\
               ||----w |
               ||     ||
nirjhor at nirjhor-laptop ~ $ ubuntuzilla.py

Welcome to the Ubuntuzilla Firefox script version 4.7.0

Ubuntuzilla is built only for Ubuntu Linux and other distributions
derived from Ubuntu (such as Linux Mint, e.g.)

This script will now install the latest release of the official Mozilla
build of Firefox on your Linux system. If you run into any problems
using this script, or have feature requests, suggestions, or general
comments, please visit our website at http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net/

Retrieving the version of the latest release of Firefox from the Mozilla
website...
The most recent release of Firefox is detected to be 3.5.1. Please make
sure this is correct before proceeding. (You can confirm by going to
http://www.mozilla.org/)
If no version number shows, if the version shown is not the latest, or
if you would like to install an older release, press 'n', and you'll be
given the option to enter the version manually. Otherwise, press 'y',
and proceed with installation. [y/n]?
Please enter 'y' or 'n': y
Retrieving list of available localizations for Firefox ...
Please choose the localization (language) for Firefox. Enter the number
of your choice from the list below. [If you do not see a list of
localizations, please check the help section of our website at
http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net/ for steps you can take to resolve
this problem.]
  0. af         Afrikaans [Afrikaans]
  1. ar         Arabic [عربي]
  2. as         Assamese [অসমীয়া]
  3. be         Belarusian [Беларуская]
  4. bg         Bulgarian [Български]
  5. bn-BD      Bengali (Bangladesh) [বাংলা (বাংলাদেশ)]
  6. bn-IN      Bengali (India) [বাংলা (ভারত)]
  7. ca         Catalan [català]
  8. cs         Czech [Čeština]
  9. cy
 10. da         Danish [Dansk]
 11. de         German [Deutsch]
 12. el         Greek [Ελληνικά]
 13. en-GB      English (British) [English (British)]
 14. en-US      English (US) [English (US)]
 15. eo         Esperanto [Esperanto]
 16. es-AR      Spanish (Argentina) [Español (de Argentina)]
 17. es-CL      Spanish (Chile) [Español (de Chile)]
 18. es-ES      Spanish (Spain) [Español (de España)]
 19. es-MX      Spanish (Mexico) [Español (de México)]
 20. et         Estonian [Eesti keel]
 21. eu         Basque [Euskara]
 22. fa         Persian [فارسی]
 23. fi         Finnish [suomi]
 24. fr         French [Français]
 25. fy-NL      Frisian [Frysk]
 26. ga-IE      Irish [Gaeilge]
 27. gl         Galician [Galego]
 28. gu-IN      Gujarati [ગુજરાતી]
 29. he         Hebrew [עברית]
 30. hi-IN      Hindi (India) [हिन्दी (भारत)]
 31. hr         Croatian [Hrvatski]
 32. hu         Hungarian [Magyar]
 33. id         Indonesian [Bahasa Indonesia]
 34. is         Icelandic [íslenska]
 35. it         Italian [Italiano]
 36. ja         Japanese [日本語]
 37. ka         Georgian [ქართული]
 38. kk         Kazakh [Қазақ]
 39. kn         Kannada [ಕನ್ನಡ]
 40. ko         Korean [한국어]
 41. ku         Kurdish [Kurdî]
 42. lt         Lithuanian [lietuvių kalba]
 43. lv         Latvian [Latviešu]
 44. mk         Macedonian [Македонски]
 45. ml         Malayalam [മലയാളം]
 46. mn         Mongolian [Монгол]
 47. mr         Marathi [मराठी]
 48. nb-NO      Norwegian (Bokmål) [Norsk bokmål]
 49. nl         Dutch [Nederlands]
 50. nn-NO      Norwegian (Nynorsk) [Norsk nynorsk]
 51. oc         Occitan (Lengadocian) [occitan (lengadocian)]
 52. or         Oriya [ଓଡ଼ିଆ]
 53. pa-IN      Punjabi [ਪੰਜਾਬੀ]
 54. pl         Polish [Polski]
 55. pt-BR      Portuguese (Brazilian) [Português (do Brasil)]
 56. pt-PT      Portuguese (Portugal) [Português (Europeu)]
 57. rm         Romansh [rumantsch]
 58. ro         Romanian [română]
 59. ru         Russian [Русский]
 60. si         Sinhala [සිංහල]
 61. sk         Slovak [slovenčina]
 62. sl         Slovenian [slovensko]
 63. sq         Albanian [Shqip]
 64. sr         Serbian [српски]
 65. sv-SE      Swedish [Svenska]
 66. ta-LK      Tamil (Sri Lanka) [தமிழ் (இலங்கை)]
 67. ta         Tamil [தமிழ்]
 68. te         Telugu [తెలుగు]
 69. th         Thai [ไทย]
 70. tr         Turkish [Türkçe]
 71. uk         Ukrainian [Українська]
 72. vi         Vietnamese [Tiếng Việt]
 73. zh-CN      Chinese (Simplified) [中文 (简体)]
 74. zh-TW      Chinese (Traditional) [正體中文 (繁體)]

Enter your choice of localization (integer, from 0 to 74): 5
You have chosen localization bn-BD, Bengali (Bangladesh) [বাংলা
(বাংলাদেশ)]. Is that correct [y/n]?
Please enter 'y' or 'n': y

Updating repositories information with apt-get update. You may be
prompted for your password.

[sudo] password for nirjhor:
Hit http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty
Release.gpg

Ign http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty/free
Translation-en_US

Get:1 http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria Release.gpg
[198B]

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty
Release.gpg

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main
Translation-en_US

Get:2 http://dl.google.com stable Release.gpg
[191B]

Ign http://dl.google.com stable/main
Translation-en_US

Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security
Release.gpg

Ign http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/main
Translation-en_US

Ign http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty/non-free
Translation-en_US

Hit http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty
Release

Hit http://archive.canonical.com jaunty
Release.gpg

Ign http://archive.canonical.com jaunty/partner
Translation-en_US

Hit http://deb.opera.com stable
Release.gpg

Ign http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free
Translation-en_US

Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria
Release.gpg

Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria/main
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/restricted
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/universe
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/multiverse
Translation-en_US

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates
Release.gpg

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/main
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/restricted
Translation-en_US

Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/main
Translation-en_US

Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/upstream
Translation-en_US

Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/import
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/universe
Translation-en_US

Ign http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/multiverse
Translation-en_US

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty
Release

Ign http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/restricted
Translation-en_US

Ign http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/universe
Translation-en_US

Ign http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/multiverse
Translation-en_US

Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security
Release

Hit http://archive.canonical.com jaunty
Release

Hit http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty/free
Packages

Get:3 http://dl.google.com stable Release
[1308B]

Hit http://deb.opera.com stable
Release

Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria
Release

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates
Release

Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/main
Packages

Get:4 http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria Release
[7869B]

Hit http://packages.medibuntu.org jaunty/non-free
Packages

Hit http://archive.canonical.com jaunty/partner
Packages

Get:5 http://dl.google.com stable/main Packages
[610B]

Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria/main
Packages

Ign http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free
Packages

Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main
Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/restricted
Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/universe
Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/multiverse
Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/restricted
Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/universe
Packages
Hit http://security.ubuntu.com jaunty-security/multiverse
Packages
Ign http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria/main
Packages

Hit http://deb.opera.com stable/non-free Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/main Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/restricted Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/universe Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com jaunty-updates/multiverse Packages
Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/main Packages
Err http://ppa.launchpad.net Gloria/main Packages
  404 Not Found
Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/upstream
Packages

Ign http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/import
Packages

Hit http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/main
Packages

Hit http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/upstream
Packages

Hit http://packages.linuxmint.com gloria/import
Packages

Fetched 10.2kB in 11s
(852B/s)

W: Failed to fetch
http://ppa.launchpad.net/pidgin-developers/ppa/ubuntu/dists/Gloria/main/binary-i386/Packages
404 Not Found

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
It looks like repository updates have not finished successfully. This is
most likely due to some repositories being temporarily down, or to a
missing GPG key for a third-party repository (see detailed output
above). If the main repositories look like they have been updated
successfully, you may just proceed without worrying about this.
Would you like to proceed with installation [y/n]?
Please enter 'y' or 'n': y

OK, Proceeding with installation.

Making sure that the repositories version of Firefox is installed...

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
firefox is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.

Backing up old Firefox preferences

Retrieving package name for Firefox ...
Success!: firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2

Downloading Firefox archive from the Mozilla site

--2009-07-30 11:43:56--
ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.1/linux-i686/bn-BD/firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2
           => `firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2'
Resolving releases.mozilla.org... 216.165.129.141, 64.50.236.52,
64.50.236.214, ...
Connecting to releases.mozilla.org|216.165.129.141|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD
/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.1/linux-i686/bn-BD ... done.
==> SIZE firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2 ... 9649300
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2 ... done.
Length: 9649300 (9.2M)

100%[===================================================================================================================>]
9,649,300   14.2K/s   in 15m 28s

2009-07-30 11:59:32 (10.2 KB/s) - `firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2' saved [9649300]

Downloading Firefox signature from the Mozilla site

--2009-07-30 11:59:32--
ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.1/linux-i686/bn-BD/firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2.asc
           => `firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2.asc'
Resolving releases.mozilla.org... 64.50.236.52, 64.50.236.214,
128.61.111.9, ...
Connecting to releases.mozilla.org|64.50.236.52|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD
/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.5.1/linux-i686/bn-BD ... done.
==> SIZE firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2.asc ... 194
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2.asc ... done.
Length: 194

100%[===================================================================================================================>]
194         --.-K/s   in 0.08s

2009-07-30 11:59:44 (2.25 KB/s) - `firefox-3.5.1.tar.bz2.asc' saved [194]

tru::1:1248928793:0:3:1:5
pub:-:1024:17:696E34310E3606D9:2005-09-29:::-:Mozilla Software Releases
<releases at mozilla.org>::scESC:
sub:e:1024:17:C660CCE21AF32821:2005-09-29:2006-09-29:::::s:
sub:-:2048:16:70474DABAFE99880:2005-09-29::::::e:
tru::1:1248928793:0:3:1:5
pub:-:1024:17:74474499812347DD:2007-07-17:2011-07-20::-:Mozilla Software
Releases <releases at mozilla.org>::scESC:
sub:-:1024:17:B57B548417785FE8:2007-07-17:2011-07-20:::::s:
sub:-:2048:16:CB3A74DF1B0EC2E7:2007-07-17:2011-07-20:::::e:

Verifying signature...
Note: do not worry about "untrusted key" warnings. That is normal
behavior for newly imported keys.

gpg: Signature made Thu 16 Jul 2009 09:53:55 AM BDST using DSA key ID
17785FE8
gpg: Good signature from "Mozilla Software Releases <releases at mozilla.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 8D6F 1BA4 A340 4DDB 3F2F  D080 7447 4499 8123 47DD
     Subkey fingerprint: 3338 E6BA FF10 3B3D A6A9  E424 B57B 5484 1778 5FE8
[sudo] password for nirjhor:
Trying to determine firefox plugin path...

Linking plugins

Linking dictionaries

Linking launcher to new Firefox

Adding `local diversion of /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/firefox.ubuntu'
Adding `local diversion of /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox to
/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox.ubuntu'

The new Firefox version 3.5.1 has been installed successfully.

Would you like to set up automatic update checking for the official
Mozilla build of Firefox (recommended)? This feature will regularly
check for updates to Firefox, and put up a small unobtrusive
notification message with update information, when a new release is
available. [y/n]
Please enter 'y' or 'n': y
no crontab for nirjhor
Updater successfully installed to your crontab. Try 'crontab -l' to see
your new crontab, 'crontab -e' if you decide to edit it.

Thank you for using Ubuntuzilla.

Please support this project! If you found Ubuntuzilla helpful, please
consider showing your appreciation with a small donation. :)

Just visit the project website, http://ubuntuzilla.sourceforge.net/ ,
and click the donate button.
nirjhor at nirjhor-laptop ~ $
"

--
May almighty's blessing always be upon you-
Md.Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor