[Ubuntu-BD] Could not install msttcorefonts

Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor zombiegenerator at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:05:49 GMT 2009

Hi,

I've heard recently sourceforge changed their server. But I believe Ubuntu
(Or Mint) is trying to downloading from the old server. Which is why I
could not install msttcorefonts package. I'm in a goal to heavily tweak
wine in order to run many windows app in it. But I'm stuck at the
beginning due to this obnoxious problem. Here's my command line output:

nirjhor at nirjhor-desktop ~ $ sudo apt-get install msttcorefonts
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting ttf-mscorefonts-installer instead of msttcorefonts
ttf-mscorefonts-installer is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.0) ...

These fonts were provided by Microsoft "in the interest of cross-
platform compatibility".  This is no longer the case, but they are
still available from third parties.

You are free to download these fonts and use them for your own use,
but you may not redistribute them in modified form, including changes
to the file name or packaging format.

--2009-12-15 12:37:09--
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/corefonts/andale32.exe
Resolving downloads.sourceforge.net... 216.34.181.59
Connecting to downloads.sourceforge.net|216.34.181.59|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location:
http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/project/corefonts/the%20fonts/final/andale32.exe
[following]
--2009-12-15 12:37:15--
http://nchc.dl.sourceforge.net/project/corefonts/the%20fonts/final/andale32.exe
Resolving nchc.dl.sourceforge.net... 211.79.60.17, 2001:e10:ffff:1f02::17
Connecting to nchc.dl.sourceforge.net|211.79.60.17|:80... failed:
Connection timed out.

Goes on and on. Last few lines looks like this

  ttf-mscorefonts-installer

Any workaround or troubleshoot will highly be appreciated. Thanks for your
kind concern.

Mess with the best,Die like the rest.
Junayeed Ahnaf Nirjhor
Jaleswaritala,Bogra