[Ubuntu-BD] Ext3 or jfs

Angel fedora at linux.org.bd
Sun Nov 23 12:42:23 GMT 2008

That is a legitimate warning that has been in every Debian and Ubuntu
release and appropriately applicable, I think.

Due to an interaction between GRUB and XFS, sometimes the grub-install
command will hang when the installer attempts to install grub to an XFS
partition.

Unless you are comfortable with installing grub by hand in case the
installer hangs, you should make a separate ext3 /boot partition (roughly
100MB in size) so that GRUB can reliably install.

Angel
GPG key: 0xC4639705
Bangladesh Linux Users Alliance
Fedora Ambassador Bangladesh