[ Ubuntu-BD ] writing C program in Ubuntu

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Tue May 27 11:13:55 BST 2008

Running Turbo C under DosBox is very bad idea. Also conio.h is not for
Linux or any other OS. Use KDevelop. It's impressive.

Just install

sudo apt-get install build-essential kdevelop

If you don't want to go to Terminal, install them from Synaptic.

Shiplu, g++ will be installed when you install build-essential along
with all autoconf, automake, pkg-conf etc. So no need to install it
again. :P

Nasim

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 7:42 AM, shiplu <shiplu.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 1:26 AM, raihan hasnain <raihanhasnain at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Start using Eclipse/Netbeans, any one of them is going to be your best
>> friend sooner or later.
>>
>> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Raquibul Islam <ranacse05 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> u can use Turo C in ur Ubuntu .which has the full graphics support in
>>> graphics.h file.To use TC in Linux install the dosbox and for more
>>> information please visit their site :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Rana/রানা
>>> homepage: http://ranacse05.wordpress.com
>>> Bangla job site: http://jobs.mukto.org
>>>

>>> --
>>

> Tarin Mahmood has already told almost everything. I have nothing to add.
>
> I use KDevelop. Its a great ide, not made by java. So its fast.
>
> another thing, to build C/C++ applicaiton you need gcc and g++
>
> You'll need the following command.
>
> $ sudo apt-get build-essential  g++
>
> --
> A K M Mokaddim