[ Ubuntu-BD ] Thanks to All

Hafiz Imtiaz eee.imtiaz at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:41:00 BST 2008

The file system in linux is not like windows. Thus in linux you won't
have separate drives like C:, D: etc. Windows recognises the file system
and hard disk partitions by these drive letters. But linux access
separate partitions of the hard disk by "mounting" them into several
directories. There is no drive letters in linux. The complete hard disk
is mounted under the root '/' and other directories.

For instance, I have
'/' partition of 6GB.
'/home' partition of 7GB and
'/usr' partition of 20GB

In the '/usr' partition linux usually [by default] stores the installed
programs [not sure, may be I am wrong]. That's why I gave it much more
room than the others.

I have created a separate partition for '/home' to backup my necessary
files and system files. So that, I can use the Back Up programs to get
my system folders [/ , /usr , /etc , /root] backed up in a separate
partition.

That's all I know. Hope I am not wrong..

--
Hafiz Imtiaz Fortune
0306005