[ Ubuntu-BD ] 3gp converter

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Mon May 19 19:04:37 BST 2008

Well, Bill was employed by Apple to implement the GUI on Apple II. But
he ported secretly most of his work to build his own OS Windows. Watch
the BBC documentary film, actually it's a Movie, "Pirates of Silicon
Valey".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_Silicon_Valley

Nasim

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 6:52 PM, Tarin Mahmood <tmahmood at arenamobile.com> wrote:
> ^ Actually Apple bought the License from Xerox to use the GUI in their OS,
> they didn't bought the whole thing, so you cannot say MS stole it from them,
> they used an Idea ;)
>
> We are talking about giving solutions. Not usage, in properly running system
> you do not need to use terminals unless you are willing to use it (like I
> use vi editor in terminal).
>
> I'm not trying to change your mind. And I'm stating my opinions too.
>
> Like Masum said, CLI solutions have advantages over GUI. I'm not against GUI
> cause I use it all the time. But when it comes to giving solutions its far
> easier and time saver to use terminal commands.

M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology
Southampton, UK