[ Ubuntu-BD ] How to write Program for Linux ?

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Thu May 15 10:20:31 BST 2008

C/C++ are the preferred language to write GUI programs in Linux. To
write Gnome applications, there is GTK+ and for KDE, there is Qt. But
if you don't want to learn C/C++. It's okay. You build GUI
applications with any other language. Ruby is also good. But I suggest
to learn Python. You can do whatever with Python. For GUI applications
you can use wxPython or PythonQt or GTKPython. Remember that wx will
give you consistent look in any environment including Windows, Mac
while Qt looks like KDE and GTK looks like Gnome.

Enjoy developing in linux.

Nasim

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Masum Masum <a.h.m.masum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends
> I'm interested to right programs for Linux. Presently I'm trying with GAMBAS
> and Ruby. I don't know C or C++. Just have some knowledge on Visual Basic.
> So what's your suggestion?

M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)
Wessex Institute of Technology
Southampton, UK