[ Ubuntu-BD ] A simple problem about Firefox 3 Beta 5 in Ubuntu 8.04

Angel angel.fedora at gmail.com
Wed May 14 13:49:16 BST 2008

Open Firefox and type into address bar about:config
if is the first time you are using about:config on Firefox, a warning window
come in front of you, please confirm the "promise".

Then search ( type the parameter name into the "filter row" field ) for the
Firefox config param named:

network.online

double click on the filtered row and set it to true

Quit and restart Firefox

There is also a knowed bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/191889 about
this issue.

Hope this helps.

Whenever, I install 8.04 for the first time, got the same problem.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 6:23 PM, Hafiz Imtiaz <eee.imtiaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I am having a little problem with my firefox 3 beta 5 on ubuntu 8.04.
> Every time i run firefox, i have to manually set it to "WORK ONLINE" to
> browse web because it starts in the "Offline Mode" by default. I could
> not find any option about this in the Preferences menu. I think i am
> missing something. Could anyone please help me..?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Hafiz Imtiaz Fortune
> 0306005