[ Ubuntu-BD ] Command line Utility/Program

Nasimul Haque nasim.haque at gmail.com
Wed May 14 11:36:20 BST 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Raihan Hasnain
<raihanhasnain at gmail.com> wrote:
> But now I am confused, as I have read something related to Darwin
> project and this Englightment project. Now I cannot find any article
> relating these two, I guess I was wrong.

As I said earlier, WM or DE does not depend on any kernel. Whatever
the OS is you can run WM/DE like gnome/kde/enlightenment if X server
is installed. You can even run these inside windows. And I run E17 on
my Mac OS X. No, not by re-login. Aqua and E17 runs together.

Actually, Aqua was born from NeXTStep. There is a WM called
WindowMaker which resembles the NeXTStep environment.

> By the way, on E all OS X short-cut keys work, isn't it? Or is it just
> a gOS implementation?

Yes, it's gOS implementation. They just bluntly copy Mac. But you can
see the configuration power of the E17. You can modify it to whatever
you like.

Nasim

--
M. Nasimul Haque, M.Sc.(SUST)