[ Ubuntu-BD ] Command line Utility/Program

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Wed May 14 03:02:38 BST 2008

Create a file named .muttrc in your home directory with the following content:

# --------------------------
set pop_user="username at gmail.com"
set pop_pass="password"

ignore *
unignore From: To: Cc: Subject: Date:

set from="username at gmail.com"
set use_from=yes
set envelope_from="yes"

set editor=vim

Change the appropriate values, and then run mutt.  If you use IMAP
instead of POP3, then change the first two lines to:

set imap_user="username at gmail.com"
set imap_pass="password"

Hope this helps.