[ Ubuntu-BD ] Some questions

Hafiz Imtiaz eee.imtiaz at gmail.com
Sun May 11 19:59:08 BST 2008

Vaia

My computer is more than 5 years old. It is in fact a Pentium 4 2.40 GHz
with HT,1.5GB RAM and GeForce Fx5200 128 MB graphics card. I assumed
that Ubuntu 8.04 would not have the driver for my graphics card. So i
have downloaded it from nVidia web site before and installed on Ubuntu.

There is no problem with Compiz Fusion enabling except the MATLAB
problem. Even GoogleEarth works great on my Ubuntu.

You told me to switch to Metacity/Emerald while running MATLAB. I guess
these are desktop environments like GDM or something. As I am actually a
newbie to linux, I don't know how to enable/install these. Could you
please help me?

Thanks in advance

Hafiz Imtiaz
0306005