USN-186-1 (mozilla, mozilla-firefox) updates broken on Hoary

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Sep 25 10:18:39 CDT 2005

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 25.09.2005, 16:11 +0200 schrieb Martin Pitt:
> The security update is fine, the problem is that you use backports,
> which are screwed up in Hoary. They renamed the package
> "mozilla-firefox" to "firefox" without doing a proper transition, so
> you now ended up with having both packages installed, which is bogus.
what bothers me most is that we all agreed that the official backports
(with exclusion of hoary-extras) would be shut down as soon as the
backports team gets free server space, free bandwith and and option to
use the build infrastructure for the backports to make them official.

why didnt that happen ? its very odd since it occupies a lot of
developer time for unnecessary support (which seemingly does not exist
for the inofficial backports) three weeks before breezy release, this
time would better have been spent fixing bugs in breezy.

ciao
	oli