Ubuntu 12.04 CDs arrive

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:04:31 UTC 2012

Good evening all,

The good folk at Canonical have sent out the team's CDs for the 12.04
release. This means the team has 250 CDs to distribute and promote
Ubuntu with. If anyone has any creative (or boring for that matter,)
ways to use the CDs to actively promote Ubuntu in the community please
email the list. The CDs are all the 32 bit version of Ubuntu and a
small number of Ubuntu Server CDs as well.

I'm quite happy to post out CDs for users to use at computer fairs,
school expos, university open days, community gatherings, etc. All I
ask to ensure that they don't end up sitting on someone's shelf
gathering dust before they get too old to use (we're already looking
forward to 12.10!). Feel free to post ideas on the list, if you
already have an idea on your mind it might be worth fleshing it out
into an event on the team's loco.ubuntu.com page.

Lets get cracking!

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)