Ubuntu Manual @ UDS

Joel Pickett jpickett at ubuntu.com
Wed May 9 18:54:48 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm in a session at the Ubuntu Developer Summit about the Ubuntu
Manual http://ubuntu-manual.org/ which you may remember was started
some time ago with the goal of producing a high quality pdf (and
printed) manual for Ubuntu desktop.

They are looking for new blood to help author and edit the manual for
12.04 to be released around the time of 12.04.1 (July 19th). However
we're trying to figure out why we don't have more contributors and
what may be holding people back.

So my question to you is:-

"If you have considered contributing to Ubuntu Manual, but haven't,
what's stopped you?"

Some reasons might include:-

* Lack of time
* Lack of motivation
* Lack of skill
* Difficult to use tools

Or something we're missing. We'd really like to know in case it's
something we can fix. If you're interested in contributing, please do
let us know, and we can help you get involved.

Cheers,

Joel Pickett (in the style of Alan Pope)!