ninemsn catchup

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 27 06:15:34 UTC 2012

--- On Wed, 27/6/12, Paul Gear <paul at libertysys.com.au> wrote:
Reminds me of a comic my wife showed me today:
    http://bradcolbow.com/archive/view/the_brads_why_drm_doesnt_work/?p=205

    The content publishers are facing a fundamental issue here: the
    infrastructure to support their Digital Restrictions Management is
    far more complex than the product it is restricting, meaning that
    the user experience (even on supported platforms) is bad.

    I like the way Cisco Press is doing their eBooks (not quite the same
    thing as TV catch-ups, i know): when i buy an ebook, i get a
    DRM-free PDF or ePUB file with my name in it as a watermark.  And
    the books are pretty cheap, too.  Gives me lots of incentive to buy
    from them over their competitors, and i know that the files are
    going to work with whatever device i care to put them on.

    Paul

    reminds me of http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

tom