ninemsn catchup

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Wed Jun 27 00:11:29 UTC 2012

On 27/06/12 09:09, Tom Sparks wrote:
> --- On *Wed, 27/6/12, David Fawcett /<omniwoof at gmail.com>/* wrote:

>     Hehe.. nice one Dave.
>
>     Tom I think I see your problem and to fix it you should uninstall
>     silverlight and re-enable your firewall.
>
> I decide to bittrorrent the show and forget about ninemsn catch again
>
> tom
>
>     On Jun 27, 2012 1:09 AM, "David James" <david at kvr.com.au
>     </mc/compose?to=david at kvr.com.au>> wrote:
>
>         I'd be surprised if you didn't have trouble tbh.
>
>         This is as far as I went with ninemsn:
>
>         http://ikt.id.au/blog/wp- content/uploads/2011/12/
>         lolsilverlight.png
>         <http://ikt.id.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/lolsilverlight.png>
>
>         :)

Reminds me of a comic my wife showed me today:
http://bradcolbow.com/archive/view/the_brads_why_drm_doesnt_work/?p=205

The content publishers are facing a fundamental issue here: the
infrastructure to support their Digital Restrictions Management is far
more complex than the product it is restricting, meaning that the user
experience (even on supported platforms) is bad.

I like the way Cisco Press is doing their eBooks (not quite the same
thing as TV catch-ups, i know): when i buy an ebook, i get a DRM-free
PDF or ePUB file with my name in it as a watermark.  And the books are
pretty cheap, too.  Gives me lots of incentive to buy from them over
their competitors, and i know that the files are going to work with
whatever device i care to put them on.

Paul