Evince not opening PDF

OPM595 opm595 at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 19 04:48:49 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,
Many thanks for everyones input on this one.
I did have a little success in opening the document after installing
Okular on my laptop with 10.04, however for some reason the quality was
somewhat fairly poor.
Overall though, I just wish this situation could have happened to me alone
one hundred times beforehand than just this one single occasion with a
Ubuntu newbie convert, of just a few weeks - and of all things the very
first time they've attempted to download a PDF file on Ubuntu. Talk about
Murphy's Law, and wash the car to make it rain . . .

Anyway, I'll no doubt keep toying around with this and test other PDF
viewers available. I'll let the list know if I have any major success with
this, along with submitting a bug report on Lauchpad as suggested.

Once again, many thanks for everyones prompt input, support and advice on
this matter.

Cheers,
Rob

Local Id: OPM595