Evince not opening PDF

Rob Dawson radawson at netspace.net.au
Wed Jul 18 12:01:40 UTC 2012

I can't say why its hanging but I tried it on my 12.04 (64bit) machine
and it took a fair while to open in Evince - >60 seconds.  It opened
instantly in Firefox (using the Adobe plugin) and also instantly in
Acrobat Reader.  I always install AR on my new installs and make it the
default for pdfs just to get all it's 'bells and whistles' but as a
troubleshooting exercise you might want to install AR and try opening it
with that so you can eliminate either of the document or the application
as the cause?

Cheers,

Rob