Brisbane release party - Oneiric Ocelot

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 02:32:13 UTC 2011

On 8 September 2011 11:42, Anthony <i.lurve.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've hit up Zaraffas Cafe in Toowoomba about holding local Ubuntu meet ups
> and they were quite happy
> to supply additional power points and free wifi to have a group of people
> buying coffee and cake on a sunday arvo,
> as they are usually pretty quiet at that point in the week.
>
> I was just thinking perhaps the other cafes in Brisbane might be just as
> receptive to holding the install party?
>
> Anyone's thoughts?
>
> Octatron.

Sounds like a good find. Quick, add it to the team's loco.u.c page and
start promoting ;)

Regarding Brisbane's efforts, what do people thinking about just
holding a social release party at a place to be determined and then
separately holding an installation festival at a later date rather
than trying to bunch it all in on one day? Talking to the people at
The Edge they seem to think it would be the sort of event they'd be
able to run, they could even help promote it and provide resources.
It's just been brought up that it might be a bit difficult to manage
both events on the one day and upon thinking about it I tend to agree.

Other people's thoughts?

--
Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)