Oneiric bug stomping

Chris Robinson fabricator4 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 21:32:51 UTC 2011

Oneiric is coming along nicely, but as you'd expect with all the changes we've seen this year there's still still a lot of things that seem to need addressing.

I've been busy testing and putting in bug reports, but complete crashes are non-existent.  Vastly different from the Natty release.

One thing that really puzzles me is that in Nautilus the media tab has been completely removed.  This was the only place where you could disable the "browse media when inserted".  If you're working in command line and insert a USB stick to get some files or do a backup Nautilus will open over your active terminal window and there's no way to stop it.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/840680

This has my votes for both the most annoying bug, and the most puzzling omission from Oneiric.

Chris