Oneiric bug stomping

Chris Robinson fabricator4 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 10 08:14:19 UTC 2011

Problem solved - it is now part of the 'system settings' in 'removable media'.  If you uncheck 'Never prompt or start programs on media insertion' then Nautilus won't start when you plug in a pendrive or other USB drive.

This is counter intuitive if you're coming from earlier releases, when the setting was separate and part of Nautilus itself.  It would still be nice to have a separate setting, but this behaviour meets my criteria anyway (I don't like the computer to start opening things as soon as I insert a DVD or pendrive no matter what it is.)

Chris.