Unity

Jared Norris jrnorris at gmail.com
Mon May 23 13:31:52 UTC 2011

On 23 May 2011 23:24, <trideceth12 at gawab.com> wrote:

> I installed Natty a few days ago and I must say I can't stand it.
>
> I have been experimenting with LXDE and other options (because GNOME 3
> is nearly as bad as unity) and I think my future is with LXDE.
>
> I think Unity has turned me away from Ubuntu and I don't think it will
> be too long before I'm using another distro.
>
> Maybe not, we'll see.
>
> Jake

Jake

You don't have to leave Ubuntu just to use LXDE - just check out Lubuntu -
http://lubuntu.net/ . It's becoming official as soon as Canonical put extra
hard drive space into production on their CD Image server (this is already
in testing so it will be before the next release). I currently use it on all
hardware that is not up to modern distribution level (Pentium 4s and older
still run great even with 512MB of RAM). You've stated you don't like Gnome
3 or Unity but I don't see that argument as a reason to leave Ubuntu when
there's still LXDE, XFCE & KDE officially supported on Ubuntu (with many,
many others unofficially supported).

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris