10.04 LTS kernel security problem?

David agora at justemail.net
Wed May 11 13:11:38 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

I clean-installed 10.04 LTS two days ago. In a computer mag I read
something about Ubuntu (or Linux kernel) vulnerabilities for 10.04 being
discovered recently. I may be remembering it wrong, but I thought the
mag said that if you had kernel 2.6.35.25 then you are in the clear.

When my 10.04 boots it shows the number as 'Linux 2.6.32.31-generic'.

Straight after installing I had let Update Manager get the OS up to
date. Am I in the clear, as far as these alleged vulnerabilities go? Or
is there something else I have to do to 'get a newer kernel'?

Thanks in advance,

Dave