Promoting Ubuntu

Paul Whipp paul.whipp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 01:37:02 BST 2010

To discuss this prior to the meeting:

My suggestion is this:

We prepare, advertise and give a 30minute presentation to 12-24 people at a
time. They can bring their own machines. For the remaining time ?1.5 hours,
we help them test and hopefully install Ubuntu.

In short:
Starting in Brisbane (North or CBD because that is where I can get to
easily) but hopefully extending this further if it works well.

The target audience is small business professional or home users who use
their computers every day but who are not geeks or technical people.

I could prepare/source the 15m presentation which gives a user overview of
browsing/office/evolution - the 90% desktop functionality. Then ?15m
questions with prepared photo, movie watching, torrent +? responses. I'd
need some reviewers.

We prepare an ad. We're aiming primarily to convert MS Windows users so we
need something catchy and simple for the ad. This will need some
brainstorming, It needs to appeal to our target audience.

In the session we would probably need 3 of us present skilled in Ubuntu
Installation.

This idea could possibly be merged with promoting Ubuntu to charitable
organisations - For them we offer them attendance for free. It would make
them more likely to show an interest because they could see that they are
getting something that others have to pay for.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Paul Whipp

Office: 07 3103 2894
Mobile: 0410 545 357

Do more business with your website! <http://www.paulwhippconsulting.com.au>

Joomla, Magento, PHP and MySQL web application
developer<http://www.paulwhippconsulting.com.au/>