Open USB IO Module

Geoffrey gcombes4 at bigpond.com
Tue Nov 2 05:57:44 GMT 2010

Thanks Matthew. Such pre-packaged software is indeed of interest, as I
am unlikely to get deeply into programming. The module's reference
manual says "AVR Freaks is an essential site to visit". I haven't
reached the stage of investigating this material. I have, in the last
couple of days, acquainted myself with bash scripts through an
introduction obtained from the Internet. That has been useful. I now
know how bash scripts are composed and run.
I am presently using the Live CD to communicate with the module. However
I have yet to do so using Ubuntu 10.04LTS; something appears to be
blocking USB access.
Geoff