paul at mawsonlakes.org
Sat Mar 6 12:01:00 GMT 2010
In the last year:
- Manned a booth for Ubuntu at the "linux.conf.au" Open day in
(Generally answering questions from 'Ms Jo Public', and providing
a way for LCA attendees to re-gift their Ubuntu 9.10 CD's is they didn't
- Looked into promoting Linux to University Computer Science Students
with ShipIt CD's. Asked for 200 CD's. 10 approved and received.
Planned/discussed for 2010 and beyond:
- Software Freedom Day 2010 - Event for Adelaide
- Man Ubuntu booth at Linux.Conf.Au in Brisbane,
in March or February 2011
- Looking to organise a both together with 'Linux Australia', at the
Education Expo 2011 (Adelaide and Sydney). [Work in Progress]
- Would like to organise a promotion to Ubuntu to
1st Year Computer Science students at University of South Australia,
Mawson Lakes Campus (again). Require 200 Ubuntu CD's.
- Member of Ubuntu Ham Radio (ubuntu-hams). There may be an
opportunity to link this in with ubunut-au activities at some stage.
On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 8:53 PM, Melissa Draper <melissa at meldraweb.com> wrote:
> Apparently some time next month (TBA) the team will be going through an
> approval process with the LoCo Council.
> Since we've not had proper meetings for a while and I've not been the
> type to micromanage, you all tend do your thing under the auspices of
> the team without any documentation.
> So this thread is your invitation to note what you've done as a
> participant of this team.
> While "converted acquaintance/friend/relative to ubuntu" are good
> things, they're really not useful here. Trade shows, expos, talks,
> demos, etc are the kinds of things I'm guessing that the LoCo Council
> will be looking for.
> Melissa Draper
> w: http://meldraweb.com & http://geekosophical.net
> p: +61 4 0472 2736
> ubuntu-au mailing list
> ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com
More information about the ubuntu-au