Reapproval time

Paul Schulz paul at mawsonlakes.org
Sat Mar 6 12:01:00 GMT 2010

Hi Melissa,

In the last year:

  - Manned a booth for Ubuntu at the "linux.conf.au" Open day in
  Wellington NZ.
  (Generally answering questions from 'Ms Jo Public', and providing
  a way for LCA attendees to re-gift their Ubuntu 9.10 CD's is they didn't
  require them.)

  - Looked into promoting Linux to University Computer Science Students
  with ShipIt CD's. Asked for 200 CD's. 10 approved and received.
  Project canned.

Planned/discussed for 2010 and beyond:

 - Software Freedom Day 2010 - Event for Adelaide

  - Man Ubuntu booth at Linux.Conf.Au in Brisbane,
  in March or February 2011

  - Looking to organise a both together with 'Linux Australia', at the
  Education Expo 2011 (Adelaide and Sydney). [Work in Progress]

  - Would like to organise a promotion to Ubuntu to
  1st Year Computer Science students at University of South Australia,
  Mawson Lakes Campus (again). Require 200 Ubuntu CD's.

Other activities...

  - Member of Ubuntu Ham Radio (ubuntu-hams). There may be an
  opportunity to link this in with ubunut-au activities at some stage.

Regards,
Paul