ubuntu-au Digest, Vol 52, Issue 10

Peter Kukums pkukums at ieee.org
Thu Jun 10 00:32:12 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 08:27 +0100, "harry at ipunix.com" <harry at ipunix.com>
wrote:

> Another device that is still a problem is the scanner function in
> Multi-Function Printers. I would say that when both items are working
> without any hassles we will see a strong move towards Linux by users of
> laptops.

So is this saying that at this stage Sane will never recognise the
scanner in my Canon MX350 MFC, even without any trickery??

Canon provide a Linux version of ScanGear so I can scan, but not from
within documents. Have to scan to a file then import the file. Would be
nice to scan into the document, like I used to with stand-alone scanner.