Mozilla Thunderbird transfer from 32 bit to 64 bit

Brian Ross bjross57 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:55:42 GMT 2010

Greetings,

I am moving from 32bit Ubuntu to 64 Ubuntu.

I aim to continue to use Mozilla Thunderbird for my email.

I assume that the Mozilla Thunderbird on my 64bit system will be
different from the Mozilla Thunderbird on my current 32bit system.
Therefore I assume that I cannot simply just copy my
home/.mozilla-thunderbird from my 32bit to my 64bit system.

I assume that I will have to start with a fresh new .mozilla-thunderbird
directory.

Please can you give me some feedback on this.

It would be so much easier just to copy that directory from my 32bit
system to my 64bit system.

Hear from you soon.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards