less talk more action

Tony "H.G" Candito blindraven at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 11:20:03 BST 2010

Why is this a separate email? Why didn't you just hit reply under the
relevant message?
I understand that you feel strongly about your very own and personal
opinion, but others may not, as per their "replying" to the thread in
question. Don't get me wrong, let your opinion be known, that's what this is
all about, but it just comes off a little self-important.

If people created a new email based upon how strongly they felt about their
own opinion, we'd see 50+ new in the past 2 days. Those 50+, might I add,
being the interest in the supposedly "fizzled out" fashion you've mentioned
above in regards to the somewhat controversial but highly welcome changes
purported by AndrewG.

I am standing with the clear-cut majority in reform, because the current
format is not working, and we're all tired of hearing it's because we're not
contributing.
A great deal of us laid off ages ago because there was no real inspiration,
no incentive, as a product of the current structure. It's been said too many
times, and it keeps getting the same draconian response from the usual
community dinosaurs and hyaena's, and it's usually something along the lines
of "The only person holding you back is you, but don't mind if I reserve the
"leadership" status for.. well, telling more people that same thing I just
told you" - or "If you have an idea, feel free to post/mention/homing pigeon
it to (insert some redundant page nobody cares about here) and take it from
there".

*If the whole idea is that we have creative freedom to do anything we
like, implement anything we like etc- was actually true, why do we still
have labels sitting next to members?. One particular self-important member
has their own little page dedicated to simply mentioning what little "power"
they feel they have in the aus-loco community, the same person telling
people they have powers11011 to do what they like, but ultimately (due to
lack of transparency, vis-a-vis the popularity contest nature of it all)
this simply does not happen. I've mentioned this example because It hits a
nerve that someone would claim responsibility of the success of anything
when they are a contributer of little. *
*
*
*I've been absolutely redundant for ages, because I've been waiting for
someone like AndrewG (sorry to embarrass you) to come along and put things
more intelligently in to words, as my fuse is simply too short to deal with
this anymore, as every time there's a ray of light, someone comes a long and
cops a massive squat on it, normally in disguise as somebody important. *
*
*

T.