Ubuntu-Au Forum

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at dhanapalan.com
Sun Oct 18 07:35:48 BST 2009

Once upon a time I was an admin at the largest Mandrake/Mandriva and
later PCLinuxOS community sites. Now that site is a mere shadow of its
former self, and the thousands of posts that went into it are no
longer available.

A risk of contributing to some random Web site is that there's no
certainty that your information will remain publicly available at that
address for the long term. Web sites come and go.

Like I've said earlier in this thread, the answer to the forum/list
question is to use a service like Google Groups or Gmane to have a
Web-based interface to a list. This is explained at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/MailingLists

Mailing lists get mirrored around the Internet, so your posts are
likely to remain available for a long time to come.

Bring choice back to your computer.
http://www.linux.org.au/linux