Ubuntu-Au Forum

Dave Hall dave.hall at skwashd.com
Sun Oct 18 08:47:19 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 17:35 +1100, Sridhar Dhanapalan wrote:

> A risk of contributing to some random Web site is that there's no
> certainty that your information will remain publicly available at that
> address for the long term. Web sites come and go.
>
> Like I've said earlier in this thread, the answer to the forum/list
> question is to use a service like Google Groups or Gmane to have a
> Web-based interface to a list. This is explained at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTeam/MailingLists

That is why I proposed the compromise plan - use a forum with a mail
interface and link it to the relevant lists.  It would also allow us to
make more lists available to Australia ubuntu users.  FUDForum is
capable of doing this.

I don't think there is one right way to participate in the mailing lists
- different users will prefer different models of access.  If we are
able to cater for this broader range of preferences without increasing
the load on our small community, it is likely to be increase the size of
the community.

Cheers

Dave