Help with Graphics Problem on New Machine using Koala

OPM595 opm595 at yahoo.com.au
Wed Nov 11 22:31:20 GMT 2009

Thanks Chris,
Just checking, and no, I do not have an xorg.conf file at all. Could this
possibly be my problem?
I don't see any errors when the machine boots-up. Loads grub, then the
splash screen, login and so forth, but no errors that I can see.
Should I create an xorg.conf file, or could this make matters worse?

regards,
Rob

On Thu, November 12, 2009 8:00 am, Chris Debenham wrote:
> No extra drivers/changes to xorg should be needed - intel graphics
> should work 'out-of-the-box'.  In fact you can probably just remove
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf if you have created one.
> Since you are asking this I'm guessing that Xorg did not load up
> properly - what did come up when you booted?
> Were there any errors displayed?

Local Id: OPM595
Email: opm595 at yahoo.com.au
PO Box 190, Narellan NSW 2567 Australia

Aude aliquid dignum  - "Dare Something Worthy"