OS differences (Was: Re: My experience with Ubuntu...not great)

bwright bwright.au at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 09:10:01 GMT 2009

In my opinion I think Ubuntu and indeed all Linux distributions are a
little bit of a culture shock for people whom are used to being given
software from a proprietary organization such as Microsoft or
Macintosh. Avoid the technical details between the systems I think
it's important to new realize that by using Ubuntu you are part of the
Ubuntu community, how active you are within it is completely up to
you. But since the entire project is community driven you have to give
some leeway to developers and community member's with the overwhelming
majority doing the work for nothing. I think it's quite outstanding
what distributions such as Ubuntu have achieved both in technical and
communal areas. If you are unsatisfied with it that is fine that is
how progress happens report what you don't like in a sensible manner
and we can help sort out your problems, whether that be a need for
technical change or perhaps some links to educational material. Anyway
I hope you choose to stick with Ubuntu it can be a little hard at
first but after a while I can assure you, you will want to stay.