Respect and courtesy, please.

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Mon Nov 9 08:49:20 GMT 2009

Greetings,

I am not pointing fingers as I have not the time to dissect the past
week's mails anyway. Those who have overstepped a line know it already,
or will realise it by the end of reading this.

Can we please uphold some civility on this mailing list and take extra
care to extend this civility to newcomers?

Good! I knew you'd understand!

This mailing list is subject (as the whole Ubuntu community is) to the
Code of Conduct [0] which states:

        Be respectful. The Ubuntu community and its members treat one
        another with respect. Everyone can make a valuable contribution
        to Ubuntu. We may not always agree, but disagreement is no
        excuse for poor behaviour and poor manners. We might all
        experience some frustration now and then, but we cannot allow
        that frustration to turn into a personal attack. It's important
        to remember that a community where people feel uncomfortable or
        threatened is not a productive one. We expect members of the
        Ubuntu community to be respectful when dealing with other
        contributors as well as with people outside the Ubuntu project
        and with users of Ubuntu.

It is not unusual for someone to compare a new thing (which is supposed
to provide similar facility) to an old thing. Ubuntu and Linux takes
this role to Windows and Mac users.

Do not chastise or flame people for doing so. It helps nobody.

I do not need replies, nor do I need public apologies.
(although private apologies may appease some, please tread carefully in
to private communication).

I would, however, appreciate if this hostility would please stop.

I really don't want to have to invoke the sprinkles and cherry on top.

[0] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct

--
Melissa Draper

w: http://meldraweb.com & http://geekosophical.net