HP LaserJet P1005 on/off problem

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 24 03:16:03 BST 2009

Thank you both Andre & Scott,

Well, the plugin certainly fixed the print quality.  Resolution and
printable area.

But the on/off syndrome remains with me.  For the present I have to
remember to make sure the P1005 in turned on before I boot up or I get
the "may not be connected" error message.

In Windows if I turn on the printer after sending a job, I have to go
into Printer Control and refresh the print job to get it working.  So
it's not problem free.

But for the price $95 with cartridge it prints fast and well in both
systems.

So I still need a solution to wake up the connection in situ -
eventually.

Thanks again,

Dave W