Greetings from a new list member

opm595 opm595 at yahoo.com.au
Mon May 11 23:42:34 BST 2009

Hi Guys,
Rob here, out in Sydney's sunny South West. I thought, as a new list
member I'd drop you a line to say 'howdy doody' etc.

I jumped ship about two years ago from that other OS that Bill and his
mates created, and I've been absolutely wrapped with Ubuntu ever since.
Truthfully, I had very little idea of what Linux actually was, prior to
someone introducing me to the Debian/Ubuntu family. I wouldn't say the
transition as a basic MS user was easy, but it certainly hasn't been
overly hard, or impossible either. Plus I think my learning curb towards
computing itself, in past couple of years, has definitely improved
exponentially in a positive way, and my persistence to learn more and
more about GNU/Linux is slowly paying off.

Having clocked the "Big Four O" , the other week, someone gave me a
really great book titled 'Ubuntu Linux Toolbox by Chris Negus &
Francious Caen  - 1000+ Commands for Ubuntu and Debian Power Users',
which I'm currently in the process of reading.

Admittedly I have toyed around, more so out of curiosity then anything
else, with a few of the other Linux distro's, but Ubuntu is now my main
operating system, to which I now too gladly introduce to others. My wife
seems to think I'm driving her mad with it, but who knows, maybe one day
I'll even get her off that dreadful Vista OS she has on her laptop. Only
time will tell, I guess.

It's fantastic to now know of other Aussie users out there that are
planting the seeds of this wonderful operating system here in Australia.

Have a great day!
Rob
Local Id: OPM595
Email: opm595 at yahoo.com.au
PO Box 190, Narellan NSW 2567 Australia

Aude aliquid dignum  - "Dare Something Worthy"