Compressing files with Ubuntu 9.04

Karl Bowden karlbowden at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:22:34 BST 2009

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM, Geoffrey Combes<gcombes4 at bigpond.com> wrote:
> I presume that there are commands for compressing (zipping) files
> individually.
> However is there a Linux software package like Winzip for use with Ubuntu?
> Geoffrey Combes

I find the minimal way in Nautilus servers me well for most gui ziping
tasks: Just select a file / files, right click then Create Archive...

Or the WinZip equiv is Archive Manager: Right click on the
Applications menu then, edit menus. Click Accessories on the left then
tick Archive Manager on the right, then click close.

Archive manager will now be available in the Applications -> Accessories menu.

- Karl