the most basic OS

David Johnson daljo at gotalk.net.au
Fri Jun 12 21:35:45 BST 2009

Hi all
I have been using Ubuntu only for a few years and love it even though I
struggle sometimes.
  My dad is a stubborn old farmer who holds only contempt for technology
and computers. I would like to know if there is an absolutely basic
reliable low interactivity OS  that I could put on an old computer so I
can lure him into the world of internet etc through things like weather
sites live cattle sales or other things that might interest him.
 any suggestion along these lines would be appreciated
regards David
--
David Johnson