Netbooks

Simon Ives simon at simonives.info
Sun Jan 25 05:51:45 GMT 2009

Thanks for all the replies.

The local Harvey Norman has advertised some eeepc's on sale for the next week.  I think I'll create a live USB image of Ubuntu (can I create a live
UNR?) and see if they'll allow me to boot into it.  I'll probably take my wife down to pick between the 900 and 1000 models.  Hard drive size is not
an issue as we've all got over a terabyte each on the home file server, but the screen and keyboard size could be an issue.

Thanks again.
--
Simon Ives

simon at simonives.info
www.simonives.info

Please consider the environment before printing this email or any attachments.