Wireless Modem Problems

Michael Harold mike.harold at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jan 11 12:01:54 GMT 2009

Hi The List,

Lisa: Thanks for the reply 6 minutes after I posted!  Unfortunately still got the Dependency not satisfiable: ndiswrapper-common error after the download and transfer.

Matt: Thanks for your suggestion as well. All I saw for our efforts was "E: Couldn't find package." Not unreasonable - No modem - No web - No package! Unless there is a means of pointing to where it is - say a specific folder?

So the problem remains; In fact two: I have to download any required files via XP, so the list has to be complete and executably correct prior to transfer to Ubuntu via memory stick, (That part seems to work, by the way.) and I still require a means of getting the Optus modem to switch on with Ubuntu 8.10.

Thanks again for the help offered, it is very much appreciated.

Regards

Mike H