Old Kernels . . .(never die!)

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 6 23:30:05 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 08:46 +1100, Dave Hall wrote:
> try running
>
> sudo update-grub
>
> from a terminal/the console.
>
> Sorry for not replying to your previous post, been distracted by work
> and the heat :(

No worries Dave.  Somebody has to do it!

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 09:21 +1100, Dave Hall wrote:

> I know it's a bit light on details, but just ask if there is anything
> you want clarified above. (I'm used to working in a quiet office
> without human contact).

Plenty of detail thank you Karl. (Watch out for dem humans!)

Thank you Karl and Dave,

I ran sudo update-grub and this is what I got:-

"
 A new version of /boot/grub/menu.lst is available, but the version   │
    │ installed currently has been locally modified.
│
    │
│
    │ What would you like to do about menu.lst?
│
    │
│
    │      install the package maintainer's version
│
    │      keep the local version currently installed
│
    │      show the differences between the versions
│
    │      show a side-by-side difference between the versions
│
    │      show a 3-way difference between available versions
│
    │      do a 3-way merge between available versions (experimental)
│
    │      start a new shell to examine the situation
│
    │
│
    │