Bluefish text editor question

opm595 opm595 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 24 05:55:34 BST 2009

G'day Geoffrey,
I mostly use gedit in highlighting mode , and sometimes nano (pico), so
I can't really help you with Bluefish. However, just adding to what
other's have mentioned, which may be of value to you, if you are a
Firefox user there are some excellent add-ons that you can easily
install in FF to make your designing experience a whole lot more easier.
Two in particular are:
- Web Developer: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60
- Measureit: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/539

Developer comes with a whole heap of goodies and is great for debugging,
detecting cross/post (quirks) browser compatibility, has inbuilt editors
for (x)html/css, and many other 'can't live without' features.
Measureit is appropriately titled, as it measures in pixels (height &
width) anything inside the viewpoint.

See the above links for more info on both these add-ons. Both can be
installed directly from FF:
Tools > Add-ons and then search for the add-on accordingly.
Also for some inspiration on what can be accomplished using CSS based
design checkout:
http://www.csszengarden.com/

Hope this helps and best of luck.
Regards,
Rob
-
Local Id: OPM595
Email: opm595 at yahoo.com.au
PO Box 190, Narellan NSW 2567 Australia

Aude aliquid dignum  - "Dare Something Worthy"