ubuntu-au Digest, Vol 33, Issue 11

David Ryder davaweb at bigpond.net.au
Wed Nov 12 02:41:29 GMT 2008

Thanks - I assumed cd players could read the wav format because they
still appear as wav files when listed on the cd - but I accept what you
say.

On the other issue, I can not burn in Linux using any program to date -
Rhythmbox, Serpentine, Banshee or k3b.

Perhaps more correctly, and this has only just come to my memory by
reading my notes from Edgy days to date, I can sometimes burn one on one
machine but then all fail - unless I reboot.

But in wine, using Imgburn, I have yet to have a failure, whether DVD or
CD. I would rather do it without wine, however good imgburn is.

I have two dedicated ubuntu machines and one with dual boot. The drives
are BENQ, MSI and LG.

David