Canon Pixma Mp520 printer

Anthony Joshua Brow tbrow at tpg.com.au
Sat May 3 09:12:08 BST 2008

Hello folks,

When running Dapper Drake, I managed to download a driver for this
printer. I got this last year from Canon Asia. Now when trying
to print something now from the computer with Hardy Heron, the printer
will run the paper thru at the 'print command, but does not print
anything.

What is the difference  now ? Does it have something to do  with the
Canon updates to these drivers ??

The Driver Number from Canon Singapore as well as from Canon Australia
is the same CNIJFILTER-common_2.80-1_i386.deb
But the the Singapore driver was updated 17 April 2008 issue nbr
0100083403
The driver from Canon Australia was updated 29 Jan  2008  Same issue
number.

The printer works ok on WinXp  side, but I prefer to stay on the Ubuntu
side.

The printer worked reasonably well on Dapper Drake, although there was
not the  benefit of a user manual that could be used in Ubuntu.

I tried CUPS, but there seems to be no driver for Ubuntu there.

Can anybody please, shed some light on this. ??Many thanks

--
Anthony Joshua Brow <tbrow at tpg.com.au>