Fw: Auto-complete in Evolution

The Wassermans dwass at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 22 23:39:22 BST 2008

>Just out of curiosity, why did you do that?  (I don't know anything
>about Evolution, so i can't help you with the actual problem.)
>
>I've tried to migrate from Thunderbird to Evolution a couple of times
>(because people told me i "should"), and both times it has driven me
>crazy.  I gave up trying several years ago.
>
>Paul

Paul,

I am a brand new Ubuntu convert.  I have been contemplating the move
from Windows for a while.  I downloaded the Windows version of
Thunderbird and ran that for a month or two before the move.  I was
reasonably happy with it.

I finally made the move last week.  Because Hardy automatically bundles
Evolution, it is tantamount to a recommendation.  Anyway, I reasoned
that I should simply accept the vanilla installation - at least
until/unless I don't like it.  So I am trying to make it work the way I
like to work.

By the same token, I am still trying to come to grips with the whole
thing.  It's all very foreign to me still.

I think you'll see quite a bit of me in/(on?) the List for a while.

Tell me.  What drove you so crazy regarding Evolution?

Dave W